26 Aug Post-Production Internship (Fall 2017)
Skylight (501c3) is a human rights media organization dedicated to increasing the public’s understanding of human rights and current affairs through the dissemination of artistic, challenging and socially relevant web-based content, documentary film, and short media. For over 25 years Skylight has been committed to producing artistic, challenging and socially relevant documentary films on issues of human rights and the quest for justice. Whatever the medium, stories and the people behind them are paramount at Skylight.
Reporting to the Impact & Engagement Editor, the Post-Production Intern will get first-hand editorial experience in a non-profit with a focus on human rights media. This fall we will be editing social media videos and short form documentaries. Additionally, we will be developing an online master class focused on human rights and media. Footage and assembly sequences must be organized and developed for these projects, which will mean looking through archives and finding material. This will provide the Post-Production Intern with invaluable editing experience which will expand your editorial and storytelling skill set.
Please be aware that these stories can be very difficult to hear, so you must have a passion for developing human rights and social justice, and an ability to mentally process these stories alongside the Post-Production team.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Organize Raw footage
- Compress/transcode raw footage into working Media for Premiere Pro
- Organize and transcribe interviews
- Organize interview sequences
- Create sequences with selects from wide pool of footage
- Create subtitled sequences from transcripts
- Create graphics and lower thirds
- Create assembly sequences for Impact & Engagement Editor to edit into a rough cut
- Export and upload assemblies, rough cuts, and fine cuts for inter-departmental review
The Impact & Engagement Editor will assist with some training and development in the above duties if you are not already familiar. There will be a learning curve, but after a time period you are expected to expand on training and work independently.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bilingual English/Spanish Speaking
- Basic Premiere Pro and/or Final Cut Pro 7 skills. Adobe Suite (Photoshop, After Effects, Encoder) and Final Cut Pro Suite (Compressor, DVD Studio Pro) are a plus.
- Self-motivated, team player with the ability to meet deadlines, remain flexible, and adjust to changing priorities.
- Strong organizational skills, with keen attention to details, as well as excellent problem solving abilities.
- Technologically forward and adaptive to changing technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Have self-discipline and time management skills necessary to work independently.
- Highly personable and friendly individual who has a passion for human rights and social justice.
A small stipend will be provided for travel and lunch expenses.
To apply send a resume and editing reel to Daniel at DRivera@skylight.is
(If you do not have an editing reel, please submit a resume and 500-word-limit cover letter).
To apply for this job email your details to DRivera@skylight.is